FEDERAL AMMUNITION LAW
Federal law prohibits ammunition sale or transfer to, and possession by, anyone who:
1. is under indictment for a crime punishable by more than one year imprisonment or convicted of a felony,
2. is a fugitive from justice,
3. is an unlawful user of a controlled substance,
4. is addicted to a controlled substance,
5. has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution,
6. is an illegal alien,
7. has been dishonorably discharged from the military, and
8. has renounced his or her U.S. citizenship (18 USC § 922(d) and (g)).
Individual States and local areas may be some additional restrictions on buying and possessing ammunition. Check with your local and state laws before ordering.